International Pressure Equipment Integrity Association (IPEIA) 2018 Conference
IRISNDT had a large presence at the IPEIA 2018 Conference. We:
1. Held the workshop “Identifying Corrosion Under Insulation on Aging Plant Piping – Where to Start?” Michael Townsend, from IRISNDT’s New Orleans office, presented to a packed room (even the standing room was full!). The presentation covered the steps to inspect hundreds of piping circuits in ageing plants in a timely manner. This was based on a project that we completed in the USA, where we inspected the insulated piping in seven refineries within one year. Software developed by our Systems group was essential for managing this Corrosion Under Insulation inspection program.
2. Had an outstanding booth display (see above).
3. Sponsored a networking Casino Event.
4. Had one-on-one time with many of our main customers during a dinner we hosted.
5. Have had follow-up calls from many of the same customers.
Matthew Bell won the “Best Upcoming Presenter” award for his presentation titled “H2S Damage: Hot or Cold, It Happens.”
Thanks to all our personnel who worked hard to represent IRISNDT, and thank you to IRISNDT management for investing in the future of our technical community.