Remote Inspection with Robotic Systems Inspections without human entry in Confined spaces
IRISNDT has a policy of continuous improvement, striving to provide our clients with the latest technology and equipment available.
Our focus is on implementing robotic inspections inside pressure vessels, piping, and tanks. Our aim is to replace traditional confined space entries, which will result in zero exposure to the risks associated with entering confined spaces. This will result in a significant reduction of the costs related to equipment preparation and setup for maintenance and inspection.
In order to achieve this goal, IRISNDT has been investing in state-of-the-art and reliable robotic systems.
REMOTE VISUAL INSPECTION
Robots allow the operator/inspector to access areas inside the vessel, even the ones that could not be accessed by humans, to provide a thorough check of internal pressure boundary surfaces. The operator/inspector can navigate to the areas of interest and use a high-resolution pan-tilt-zoom camera mounted on the robot to capture photos and videos.
- Safety dramatically improved by eliminating human entry
- Cost savings achieved by reducing preparation, risk assessment, and personnel time
- Coverage, extent, and precision of inspections are greatly increased
- Inspections become highly reliable by allowing the data to be available for everyone to review and audit
Out staff includes:
- API 510 certified personnel for pressure equipment inspections
- API 653 certified personnel for tank testing
- API 570 certified personnel for pressure piping inspections
- National Board certified boiler inspectors
- Personnel with American Welding Society (AWS-CWI) certifications for weld examinations
ULTRASONIC THICKNESS MEASUREMENTS
IRISNDT has invested in robotic systems with built-in ultrasonic transducers that allow the inspector to conduct thickness measurements, thereby providing another inspection method.
CORROSION AND DAMAGE ASSESSMENT
A 3D imaging system that uses structured light can be mounted on a robot to provide detailed and accurate analysis of general or localized corrosion, dents, and other damages.
- More precise assessment of
corroded/damaged areas than pit-gauging by providing extensive data, which can be instantly used for fitness-for-service evaluations
- Delivers traceable and verifiable measurement results
- The software included with the 3D imaging system produces reports that are compliant with ASME and API recommendations
WHY CHOOSE REMOTE INSPECTIONS?
Remote inspections, via the use of robotic systems, provide precise results while being safer, cost efficient, and save you valuable time.