IRISNDT has been serving the oil and gas, petroleum and petrochemical, chemical, power generation, pipeline and potash industries since 1953.
Our Canadian operations currently provide services from Edmonton, Calgary, Cold Lake, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lloydminster, Nisku, and Red Deer. Our USA operations provide services from 23 office locations, our United Kingdom operations provide services from 7 office locations, and our Australian operations provide services from 5 locations.
As one of the largest independent NDT companies in North America, we are owned and operated by our employees and active managers. We have expanded our business from basic NDT services to include:
- Inspection Services (NDT and Radiography services)
- Specialty Services (Advanced NDT technologies)
- Engineering Services (including Materials Laboratory services)
- Rope Access Services
- Light Mechanical Services
- Wind Services
- IRISNDT Systems (Software & IT services)
Our growth is primarily due to our combination of experienced management and strong technical skills, combined with a high commitment to customer service. This commitment is supported by:
- Dedication to understanding our customers’ needs.
- Functional Quality Assurance and Safety programs.
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology. We have been successful because we upgrade our technical capabilities continually. We cannot minimize our customers’ costs without utilizing the best equipment for the job.
- Employee Training. Continuous education is an IRISNDT policy. We utilize almost exclusively full-time permanent employees who work only for IRISNDT. We provide a continuous training initiative program. We keep our technicians up to date on new technologies.
- Customer Training. Many of our customers perform NDT tests and visual examinations in-house and/or have the need to evaluate NDT test results. In order to help our customers meet this need, we also provide customized short course training programs at our facilities and/or at the customers’ location.
- On staff full time Safety Auditors who review our employees practices and programs; areas audited are those covering Vehicles, Facilities, Adherence to Safe Work Practices and Procedures and Equipment Maintenance. These key areas are also audited externally every 3 years in accordance with the Alberta Employment and Immigration Certificate of Recognition (COR) program. Our Certifying Partner for this program is the Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA).
- Membership with ISNetworld, PICS Auditing, ComplyWorks and CanQual.
For over 65 years IRISNDT has provided quality services to:
- Fabricators and Manufacturers: for day-to-day and project requirements
- Chemical Process Industries: on initial construction, expansion, and maintenance turnaround projects
- Petrochemical Plants: on initial construction, expansion, and maintenance turnaround projects
- Refineries: on initial construction, expansion, and maintenance turnaround projects
- Power Generation: on initial construction, expansion, and maintenance turnaround projects
- Upstream: on initial construction, expansion, and maintenance turnaround projects
- Pipelines: on initial construction, maintenance projects, and Pipeline Integrity inspections