Refractory – Inspection and QA/QC Services
IRISNDT has experienced API 936 certified Refractory Inspectors, including our resident refractory engineering subject matter expert (SME) Oscar H Thackery. We provide support on the following:
A: Inspection Services
- Refractory installations (brick, castables, and ceramic fiber systems);
- Refractory anchor system layouts;
- Prequalification of refractory materials;
- Burner tiles/blocks and precast shapes manufacture;
- Refractory lined equipment during emergency or scheduled maintenance turnarounds or shutdowns;
- Dry-out process – before, during, and after; and
- Heaters, FCCU, SRU, thermal oxidizers, and others, through the use of thermography.
B: QA/QC Services
- Review of vendor specifications for compliance with API & owner’s standards;
- Review of project specific vendor refractory installation packages;
- Prequalification of refractory installation personnel for gunning, ramming, hand-packing, and bricklaying;
- Monitoring and witnessing of material installation and application;
- Monitoring of project compliance with specifications, installation quality procedures, and good practice guidelines; and
- Providing project support, remotely and/or on site/in shop.
C: Auditing Services
- Approving refractory contractors and potential new refractory installation companies;
- Laboratory refractory testing facilities; and
- Refractory product manufacturing facilities.