Metallographic Replication Services
IRISNDT provides field metallographic replication services to assist our customers in keeping equipment reliable.
Our replication services are complemented with extensive plant experience in engineering, inspection, non-destructive examinations, and repairs.
Preparing for a metallographic replication project:
- The area to be replicated must be readily accessible.
- The surface examined must have a temperature in the range of -10 °C to +70 °C.
IRISNDT performs replication to evaluate non-destructively:
- In-situ high temperature aging of equipment such as boiler tubes and furnaces.
- New equipment to verify compliance with purchasing requirements.
- Fire damage.
Information conveyed via metallographic replication:
- The thermal history of the component.
- Prolonged exposure to heat.
- Approximate higher temperature range reached and cooling rates.
- Possible mechanical properties and crack morphology.
The guidelines in standards ASTM E1351, ASTM E3, ASTM E340, and ASTM E407, are followed to prepared field metallographic replicas.